The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Justice is Barbara Bertelsen.
The Ministry of Justice is divided into four departments. The Department of Administration and Resources, the Department of Civil Law, the Department of Law and the Department of Police and Criminal Law.
Minister’s Private Office and Executive Secretariat
Head of Office Pelle Pape
Staff function for the Minister, Permanent Secretary and Senior Management:
- Calendar administration, oversight of case handling procedures to and from the Minister and Permanent Secretary, and transport.
- Collection, coordination and advising on the preparation of contributions to the ongoing assistance to the Minister and Senior Management, including coordinator of the Minister of Justice’s political priorities.
- Coordination and follow-up on cross-organisational processes, including dealings with the Danish Parliament, the Government and the Nordic cooperation.
Head of Communications Emil Melchior
Supports the minister and the department in its efforts to ensure effective and targeted communication:
- Responsible for internal and external communication.
- Advisor on communication and press matters.
Website, social media and intranet.